Sunday, March 10, 2013

As society crumbles.....

So being the adoptive father of my group or Friends and cohorts at work and school, I get alot of questions about adoption related topics that arise in the news. The recent Russian adoption ban caused some stir which allowed me to educate a few people about the differences between international adoption and domestic adoption. Its good and I'm willing to give as much info as I can then direct to more knowledgeable entities where I can.

Then news like this comes into play


Woman attempts to sell children

If you click the link to a Tulsa world article you'll be greeted with a very real and very harsh reality of what "parenting" has become. Pathetic

As soon as this article hit the news I began to get alot of questions about parenting and adoption and basically people wanting to know if this situation is indicative of what adopted kids go threw. I wish I could say no.

The simple fact of the matter is that there has been a huge loss of parental guidance and importance in our society that seems to have evolved from the 1960's and steadily crumbled into the sad state of parenting we have today. Obviously (and thankfully) there are great families out there but there are also an alarming number of kids that are going through real neglect and real abuse that we don't and may never know about. The parents of these kids don't think its abuse or neglect...until the state steps in and takes the kids away.

To make my point when discussing this article and similar instances of neglect and abuse, I ask the person I'm speaking with this question; "Conceptualize the idea of what it must feel like to be sold by your mother to get her boyfriend out of jail?" ....if "mother" is willing to even conceive this thought,...what wouldn't she be willing to do to hurt or neglect her own kids?

I know what the counter argument is, "its just one isolated case blah blah blah... It's not. I wish it were, but it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment